Diwali, the festival of lights and sweets, is a time when culinary creativity knows no bounds. This festive season, why not surprise your taste buds with a unique twist that combines the buttery flakiness of croissants with the spicy goodness of samosas? Yes, you read that right—croissant samosas! These delectable treats offer a flavorful and delightful experience that’s perfect for celebrating Diwali.
Table of Contents
A Fusion Worth Trying
Diwali Special Twist that you can’t miss!
Picture yourself taking a bite of a croissant, and encountering the rich and aromatic flavors of a classic samosa filling, rather than a sweet one. This fusion of two beloved treats is sure to be the highlight of your Diwali celebrations. The crispy, golden-brown croissant exterior perfectly complements the spicy and flavorful samosa stuffing.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s gather all the ingredients you’ll need for this mouthwatering Diwali delight:
- 2 Cups Maida
- 5 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Boiled Potatoes
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Haldi Powder
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 3-4 Tbsp Cornstarch
Now that you’ve got your ingredients ready, let’s move on to the exciting part – making Croissant Samosas.
Making Croissant Samosas
Step 1: Preparing the Dough
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of Maida, 5 tablespoons of oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of ajwain, and 1/2 cup of water. Mix the ingredients until you have a smooth dough.
Step 2: Creating the Samosa Filling
- In another bowl, mash 3 boiled potatoes and add 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon of jeera powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon of chat masala, 1/2 teaspoon of haldi powder, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, chopped fresh coriander leaves, and finely chopped green chillies. Mix these ingredients thoroughly to create a delicious samosa filling.
Step 3: Assembling Croissant Samosas
- Take a small portion of the prepared dough and roll it out into a thin, oval shape.
- Cut the rolled dough in half lengthwise to create two equal pieces.
- Fold one piece of the dough into a cone shape, sealing the edges using a paste made from maida and water.
- Fill the dough cone with the samosa filling and seal the open end to create a samosa shape.
- Repeat this process with the remaining dough and filling.
Step 4: Baking Croissant Samosas
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Place the assembled Croissant Samosas on a baking tray and brush them with a little oil for a golden-brown finish.
- Bake the samosas for about 20-25 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.
The Grand Finale
In conclusion, Diwali is a time for celebrating with family and indulging in delicious treats. Croissant Samosas offer a unique and delightful way to make your Diwali celebrations memorable. The blend of the buttery croissant with the savory samosa filling is a fusion worth trying. So, this festive season, surprise your loved ones with this extraordinary Diwali delight that they won’t be able to resist.
Make sure to share this recipe with your friends and family and let them in on the secret of the mouthwatering Croissant Samosas. Happy Diwali!